M1-M6 (U1-U3 where appropriate) Plus TLR 2a Outer London
An excellent opportunity to join an exciting Academy committed to the development of all of its Staff and Students. The Academy is rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted and is celebrating its tenth anniversary with another excellent set of examination results.
We are looking for an experienced teacher to develop and lead the PSHE curriculum and therefore be at the forefront of our strategic vision and ethos: the closing of the disadvantaged gap. This exciting opportunity would allow prospective candidates to have the autonomy to grow the curriculum and its pedagogical delivery, thus placing PSHE at the very cutting edge of Academy strategy.
The Lead Teacher would be line-managed by the Assistant Principal (curriculum) and as such would be exposed to the complete PSHE picture across the Academy and the essential interconnectedness of knowledge.
In short, the scope and potential impact of this job has almost limitless potential and we are, therefore, looking for a highly academic and driven individual to change the life chances of our students for the better.
We are currently seeking a Teacher of PSHE to join us in September 2020.
Mission Statement – Excellence through Rigour, Resilience and Passion.
Why work for Oasis Academy Coulsdon?
• Outstanding Facilities in a rebuilt and refurbished Academy Site (Opened 2011)
• Two Week Half term in October!
• Oversubscribed and the School of choice for Local Families
• Distinctive ‘Family’ Ethos where Students are challenged, loved and expected to achieve Excellence
• Commitment to on-going professional development ensuring all Staff are given opportunities to flourish and grow
• Excellent induction for new Staff, and Staff new to the profession
• Record breaking results for the last two years
• Half a day paid leave for Christmas Shopping
• Innovative and forward thinking Leadership team
• On site nursery with subsidised places for Academy Staff
• Relocation Packages considered
• Truly comprehensive and inclusive Academy – committed to transforming the life chances of all its students, regardless of background.
• On-site Enhanced Learning Provision giving Staff the opportunity to work with Students on the Autistic Spectrum
• Part of the Oasis Multi-Academy – a global charity committed to Education, health and well-being of many thousands of people (see http://www.oasisuk.org/ for more details on their Amazing Journey)
“On the day of the inspection, pupils’ behaviour around the school was calm and orderly. Pupils spoken to said this was typical.” Ofsted 2018
We are looking for ambitious and dedicated Teachers who share our Vision:
Oasis Academy Coulsdon is a family dedicated to every Student and the Community. Students will achieve Excellence and a love of learning through developing Rigour, Resilience and Passion.
“Your leaders carefully track and monitor the progress of the most able pupils across each key stage and quickly intervene for the small number who are below target.”
The Academy welcomes Applications from experienced Staff as well as those newer to the profession – whatever your background or experience, we are committed to developing you and ensuring you remain professionally stimulated with real job satisfaction and support. To Find out more about the Academy please contact us and arrange a visit. Alternatively watch the Principals welcome video. Take a virtual tour or complete the attached Application Form – all available at www.oasisacademycoulsdon.org
“Many parents and carers who responded to the Ofsted online questionnaire are also positive about the school. ‘My child is flourishing’ was one parental comment, typical of the majority of responses” Ofsted 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Closing Date: 28th February 2021
Completed applications should be submitted to Hannah Suleyman, Oasis Academy Coulsdon, Homefield Road, Old Coulsdon, Surrey CR5 1ES.
Tel: 01737 551 161 Email: email@example.com
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities
Oasis Academy: Coulsdon