A RARE OPPORTUNITY
EXPERIENCED & OUTSTANDING LEAD TEACHER OF SCIENCE REQUIRED
The Hampshire School, Chelsea are looking for an experienced and outstanding teacher of Science for Years 5 to 8 from September 2018. Our school is a co-educational Prep School with a focus on STEM and we are looking for a dynamic and inspirational teacher who can lead our development in Science, support our commitment to STEM opportunities and ensure our children are exceptionally well prepared for the ISEB Common Entrance examinations. We seek an innovative practitioner preferably with strong IT skills and KS3 experience, looking for an opportunity to excite and encourage young learners to love science and to keep asking questions.
We are looking for:
· An excellent science teacher who is able to teach and support across all ability levels;
· Experience/understanding of the requirements of 11+ and 13+ ISEB Common Entrance preparation;
· A competent and confident user of IT to enhance learning in Science;
· A STEM role model with high expectations of all pupils; and
· A team player with a willingness to support extra-curricular activities.
We can offer:
· A competitive salary and small class sizes;
· Excellent learning facilities in a beautiful listed building;
· Pupils that are enthusiastic and keen to learn within a caring and positive learning environment;
· Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues;
· Excellent professional development and guidance with strong networks between our schools;
· A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its pupils; and
· A leadership team which encourages and listens to inspirational and innovative ideas to help develop our school.
A competitive salary is on offer; teaching staff are eligible for a discount on their children's school fees subject to our usual entry criteria. Visits to the school are highly recommended, we look forward to welcoming you.
Please visit our school website to see what we do and how we do it! www.thehampshireschoolchelsea.co.uk
Closing date: The applications deadline will close once the vacant post has been filled.
Shortlisting: Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 days of application submission inviting them to interview.
Interviews and observation date: Individuals will be contacted with specific times.
To arrange a visit to the school at any time and to meet a member of the leadership team please telephone Rachael Blaney, Receptionist on 020 7352 7077.
Please apply online or email your completed application to email@example.com
Chair of Governors: Mr Tony Little
The Hampshire School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including checks with past employers.