Permanent | MPR / UPR | TLR 2B (£4,532) | September 2019
As a Doncaster school, if you gained QTS in the last 5 years or are about to qualify, you will be eligible for the teachers' student loan reimbursement.
- Have the ambition, vision and drive to support leadership in the development of Science in a dynamic, forward-thinking department?
- Wish to work as part of an exciting new team and contribute to the development of a world class Science curriculum?
- Have the qualities required to develop professionals to fulfil your vision and to contribute to driving Science leadership and management forward?
- Wish to inspire young minds to develop a love of learning?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented Lead Teacher in Science to play a key role in the Science Department’s improvement journey by providing additional leadership capacity. A passion for Science and a strong commitment to developing young Scientists who are invested in achieving their potential is essential.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, with high expectations of all learners and professionals within the team
- Be a team player and work closely with other leaders in Science to develop and implement effective strategies and processes of departmental improvement
- Be committed to raising standards for all students of Science
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin, to organise this on 0114 217 1556.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
To request an application pack including role description, person specification and application form, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin, on 0114 217 1556 / Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Jessica Galvin - Jessica.Galvin@Hays.com
Closing Date: Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: w/c Monday 20th May 2019