LEAD TEACHER WITH RESPONSIBILITY FOR HISTORY
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Lead Teacher, who will inspire other teachers to develop their practice. The role of the Lead Teacher is essential in our drive to achieve the highest standard of teaching and learning in every classroom, through individual coaching and mentoring and delivering CPD or training as required.
• Work closely with the Humanities Curriculum Leadership and SLT to drive forward teaching and learning across Humanities
• Be proactive, creative, adaptive and intelligent in bringing the best out of all members of the team
• Use your love of History, along with excellent coaching and mentoring abilities, to collaboratively build a culture of academic excellence in History, in which every child believes they can succeed
• Take up opportunities to work more widely across the school as part of the Teaching and Learning team
• Be committed to the school’s Christian values and ethos
• Be a dedicated colleague who will contribute positively to the school community
Woodchurch High School is an exciting place to work. It is a successful and oversubscribed 11 – 16 co-educational comprehensive.
We enjoy state of the art facilities, designed to engage and motivate learners. As an Academy committed to professional development, all new teaching staff will be expected to actively participate in CPD programmes.
As a Church of England Academy we have a prestigious partner in Liverpool Hope University, who also share the Governors’ vision and ambition for the school.
Further details and an application pack can be obtained from the school website. Application forms, together with a covering letter, should be returned to Mrs F Lloyd Personnel and Payroll Officer. Please e-mail your application to email@example.com
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of race, sex, age or disability.
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how the school uses any personal data we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing access to ‘privacy notices’ to individuals where we are processing their personal data. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about individuals applying for jobs at our school. Please access this notice via the following link: http://www.woodchurchhigh.com/docs/Policies/PrivacyNoticeForJobApplicants.pdf
Closing Date: Friday 3rd April 2020 9.00am