To support the school in an exciting phase of development, we are seeking inspirational and ambitious teachers keen to shape the future of the school and able to deliver high quality education.
PDO School is seeking to appoint an outstanding full-time teacher, with a real passion for teaching and learning and a proved track record of excellent pupil progress.
PDO School has a reputation for high quality educational provision and is rated as the top international schools in Oman. At Primary level, the school follows the National Curriculum for England, for English and Mathematics, and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for all other subjects. We follow Read Write Inc phonics programmed from Early Years to Primary 2. In the Middle Years, the school follows Key Stage 3 of the National Curriculum for England in respect of English, Mathematics and Science and a thematic approach to other subjects.
PDO has a strong teaching pool of specialist teachers for Music, Computing, Art, P.E. and Swimming. Resources are plentiful and our children achieve highly.
Interested applicants will need:
- To be a native-level English speaker
- An English Major B.Ed. (Hons) or an English degree with post-graduate qualification in education
- Experience of teaching from 6 -11 year old children
- Experience of Leading English across a school including coaching and training staff
- Experience of Read Write Inc and the ability to train staff needing support
- A Passion for reading and a good knowledge of age appropriate text across a range of varying attainment
- A proven track record of raising standards in English across a school
- A passion for learning, with experience and evidence of current best-practice and a commitment to delivering high quality education
- An understanding of the needs of a company school
- Energy, flexibility, drive and motivation
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive company school, you will be remunerated with a competitive package, including:
- A competitive tax-free salary
- Company provided accommodation with minimal utilities charges
- Comprehensive international medical cover,
- Relocation assistance
- Free or subsidised education for dependent children.
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
To find out more about PDO School, please visit: www.pdoschool.com
To apply, please complete the application form marked PDO School Leader of English & Class Teacher accompanying this advertisement. Completed application should be returned with a current CV and Personal Statement to: Cheryl.CPF.Fox@pdo.co.om
Closing date: 27th October 2019, at 12.00 UK time.
We encourage early applications as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.