Q3 Academy Tipton is an ambitious, inclusive and rapidly improving Academy, fully committed to raising achievement for students, developing and retaining high quality staff and curriculum innovation. Our Academy's success is underpinned by a relentless focus on raising standards, developing the whole child and improving the quality of provision in every area.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and dedicated middle leader into the English Department. We are looking for an individual with energy and enthusiasm who is also willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy.
You will be joining a large and successful team, led by a passionate and highly effective Curriculum Director. The Leader of KS3 will lead a dedicated team of English teachers in Years 7 to 9. English Literature is taught at A Level.
This post is available due to the Academy's increasing numbers and improvements in the department structure. We have refocused the Academy on getting children's learning right from the beginning and a new KS3 Team started in September 2019; this included an Assistant Vice Principal, new Leaders of Science and Maths and a Leader of Wider Curriculum.
If you are determined to make a difference to the life chances of young people by raising standards, expectations and achievement we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking applications from candidates who:
• Can bring experience and knowledge along with the skills and determination to be a brilliant and inspiring teacher;
• Have enthusiasm, energy and vision;
• Are passionate about their subject;
• Demonstrate innovative ideas for teaching and learning and classroom management skills;
• Have a commitment to help young people succeed;
• Have a willingness to teach A-Level.
Why should you work with us?
Your dedication & commitment is not only recognised, but highly rewarded.
• Work laptop;
• Commitment to CPD and career development (see attached Appraisal & UPS guide);
• Innovative approaches to reducing workload, wellbeing, improving home-life balance whilst retaining high standards;
• An empowered work-force with a genuine voice in improving the Academy further;
• A unified, dedicated and supportive staff team;
• Fun & interesting weekly staff incentives (weekly prizes, surprises and rewards);
• Excellent facilities.
If you are determined to make a difference to the life chances of young people by raising standards, expectations and achievement, you share our passion.
We want every child to feel happy and excited about coming to our Academy. We want our students to return home telling their families of the memorable and exciting lessons they have enjoyed.
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd September 2019
Start Date: Ideally January 2020
Informal visits to the Academy are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Natalie Yearwood in HR to arrange this 0121 521 1540 or Natalie.Yearwood@q3tipton.org.uk
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. To assess the suitability of the candidate, this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, as well as identification and qualification, prohibition and barred list checks which will be required before commencing duties.
Q3 Head office - Q3 Academies Trust, Wilderness Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 7SD