An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Leader of Media Studies
You will the department leader and only teacher of Media Studies. The department achieves outstanding results. In 2017, the Progress 8 score was significantly above national.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to deliver outstanding lessons and develop the Media Studies curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
· Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within Media Studies to achieve their highest potential across Years 9, 10 and 11.
· Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching.
· Contribute to the strategic development of the department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the department meets academic targets.
· Responsible and be accountable for pupil attainment and achievement, by tracking pupil progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs.
You will be:
· An outstanding practitioner.
· Inspirational, dedicated and motivated.
· Dedicated to being the best you can be.
· Passionate about Media Studies and the education of young people.
· Committed to Castleford Academy values.
· Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
· Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
· Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting ‘Media’ as a subject.
· Able to provide an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Kelly Baker, HR Manager on 01977 605060 to arrange a visit.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st May 2018 at 12 noon, interview date to be confirmed shortly after closing.
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com