ABERDEEN St Joseph's High School
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
St Joseph's High School Aberdeen is seeking a full-time permanent Leader of Pedagogy - Creative Arts to the team.
A Leader of Pedagogy has specific responsibility for the management of a Key Learning Area or combination of subjects as specified by the position.
This position is a member of the school's leadership team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal(s) and other Coordinators. As a member of the leadership team this position will offer assistance and support in:
• the day to day operation of the School
• promotion of the Catholic ethos of the School
• the initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
• the promotion of an effective pastoral care program
• the implementation of the School's policies and procedures
• the promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the management team
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to lead a team and develop them in their Pedagogical practice;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017. This position attracts a 2 point coordinator allowance of $15,982 per annum.
Thursday 21 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's High School
PO Box 12
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Robert Holstein: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*