Applicants with suitable qualifications are invited to apply for the following Leadership position:
Leader of Pedagogy (Co2)
Part Time Temporary (0.8 FTE)
Commencing 9th March for the remainder of the 2020 school year
Permanent teachers internal to the Diocese who wish to apply for this position must inform their principal, and, if successful negotiate a right of return to their substantive position.
The Leader of Pedagogy supports the Principal with the educational leadership of the school community.
The person is responsible for maintaining and developing the school as a centre of quality learning and teaching. This involves leading and facilitating the school professional learning teams, modelling high quality teaching for his/her colleagues across the school and to lead and support them in the development and refinement of their teaching practice to improve student learning and wellbeing outcomes.
Leaders of Pedagogy will:
- have a demonstrated commitment to personal faith practice within the Catholic Church;
- lead the school professional learning teams and their outcomes;
- lead the school as a data informed learning community;
- provide direct modelling and coaching to the teaching staff to develop teaching expertise;
- ensure school based professional learning opportunities are adequate, informed and aligned to student needs;
- co-lead the school goal setting processes with staff;
- work collaboratively across a cluster of schools using the principles of action learning for school improvement;
- be accountable for system priorities in learning and teaching and alignment to the system strategic intent areas.
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed for the contract period 2019 - 2021, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to complete the requirements of Accreditation To Work Teach and Lead, Category C, during this next triennium cycle.
Applications: Forward written applications as a single document addressing your teacher qualifications, experience and suitability for the role of Leader of Pedagogy along with names and details of three referees, including the parish priest at your regular place of worship to:
Applications must be received by 3.00pm 21 February 2020
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/