Required for February/April 2020 or earlier
Do you want to be part of our highly innovative, driven and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success?
Are you a current leader looking for new challenges or an aspiring leader with the ambition to lead an influential faculty consisting of the Performing Arts and Sport?
If so, why not come and visit our school and see what we have to offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to lead our Performing Arts (Drama, Music and Dance) and Sport Faculty at one of the highest achieving schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. This position would suit an aspiring leader or an existing leader looking for new challenges, with added opportunities to lead on whole school strategies.
Our Performing Arts and Sports team is committed to delivering high quality learning and teaching provision and offering tailored enrichment experiences, thereby raising standards and giving students exceptional life chances. We are seeking professionals who will drive and commit to improving outcomes in this faculty.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a dynamic, innovative and strategic leader with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of education and learning is great.
- Be an aspirational teacher and leader with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes for our students.
- Be able to teach Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 Drama and/or Performing Arts.
- Be willing to lead all of the faculty subjects, including Drama/Performing Arts, Music, Physical Education/Sport and potentially Dance.
- Be willing to lead learning and teaching developments in the Faculty.
- Develop a curriculum that inspires and engages students and provides an aspirational and challenging learning experience.
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate staff and students.
- Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
- Work with other faculty leaders to ensure that aspirational progress targets across the school are achieved.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our recent OFSTED inspection upgrade to ‘good’ (April 2019). Key findings include:
“Staff morale is high and relationships at all levels are very good”.
“The behaviour of pupils is good”.
“The curriculum is appropriate and interesting and pupils receive high quality support and guidance”.
- Our success and drive in helping students achieve their full potential in the faculty subjects. In GCSE Drama, 55% achieved a grade 4 or above and 27% achieved a grade 5 or above. We are committed to improving these outcomes further so that they are well above national averages.
- Having well-resourced faculty spaces and equipment, including a bespoke Drama Studio, Music Suite and Associated practice rooms, large Sports Hall, Gymnasium, Swimming Pool and access to the School Hall for faculty events.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally.
- Leadership development opportunities and exposure to a strong middle leadership team.
- Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, a laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Monday 9th December 2019 at 12pm
Interview date: Thursday 12th December 2019