Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was graded outstanding in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a talented, highly skilled and innovative leader for teaching and learning in Geography.
Geography is a very popular subject at Gosforth Academy and the department has an excellent reputation both within and beyond the school. The geography teaching and learning team is highly successful across all key stages, achieving consistently outstanding results at GCSE in particular.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to lead a vibrant and successful department within a skilled and supportive environment, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner;
- A passion for Geography and for teaching all facets of the Geography curriculum
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across all key stages
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- Fieldwork opportunities both nationally and internationally;
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals;
- Enthusiastic and motivated students;
- Excellent career development opportunities;
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development;
- A large, vibrant Sixth form;
- A school with its community at heart;
- Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities;
- An exciting programme of staff well-being activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our communitys ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
For further details please email email@example.com.
Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal.
Closing date is 12noon, Friday 16 February 2018
Gosforth Federated Academies Principal: Hugh Robinson
GOSFORTH ACADEMY Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH