Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
We are seeking an outstanding, inspiring and highly organised Leader of Teaching and Learning for Key Stage 2. As an aspiring leader, the successful candidate will be passionate about Teaching and Learning and ensuring that every child reaches their potential. We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who is committed to raising achievement. Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of the Junior High Academy Leadership group are essential. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment.
- A passion for teaching and education
- Excellent knowledge of best practice and expertise in securing pupil progress and raising achievement
- An ability to lead, manage and develop effective elements of pastoral support for KS2 pupils;
- The ability to lead and develop colleagues
- An ability to foster a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- Experience of preparing pupils for KS2 SATs
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- A modern new building that provides excellent facilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Low cost membership of the Academy’s gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email email@example.com . Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk . Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal, Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, NE3 2JH
Closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 25 April 2018