Job Title: Leadership Development Officer
Start date: August/September 2017
Salary: £31,510 pro rata
Contract: Part time FTC (July 2018)
Developing leadership potential in Teach First teachers We’re recruiting qualified teachers with the potential to lead and coach others to help put a stop to educational inequality. As a Leadership Development Coach/Officer, you’ll coach and support a portfolio of participants on varying stages of the Teach First Leadership Development programme as they support their pupils to progress beyond national expectations. This is a unique opportunity for skilled teachers to influence positive change for young people in the UK. You will build essential relationships with a number of participants and apply a range of strategies and techniques to support and challenge them to achieve the best outcomes for their pupils.
You will play a pivotal role in their professional and personal development and make a vital contribution towards the Teach First vision that no child’s educational success should be limited by socio-economic background. You’ll personalise each participant’s journey by visiting their classrooms to gain a deeper understanding of their unique challenges and encourage them to reflect on their lessons through bespoke feedback and robust conversations. Moreover, you will equip participants with the tools and skills to make a lasting impact on pupil progression and support them in their personal journey towards developing a life-long commitment to ending inequality in education.
- Opportunity to develop, refine and reflect on your leadership and teaching experience.
- Role specific intensive induction programme and national training events
- Access to the growing Teach First community to build your educational network
- Broaden your commercial understanding and professional experience by working for a UK top charity with 600 employees (and growing)
- Play a vital role in changing the future of education in the UK Experience required
- Qualified teacher status (PGCE, or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience at primary or secondary level