St Peters is a Catholic primary school, situated in central Caboolture with a student population of 675. We are known for our professional development programs and our acknowledgment that a school cannot rise above the capacity of its teachers. Visit our school website here.
Do you want to make a difference?
St Peters Swim School is your opportunity to make a real difference in your community by teaching children a skill for life.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Learn to Swim Instructor who is looking for a rewarding and fulfilling role to join us at St Peter’s Swim School Caboolture, delivering lessons to infants, toddlers and young children. You must hold a current AUSTSWIM or Swim Australia Teacher of water safety qualification, current CPR certificate and working with children check.
About St Peter’s Swim School
At St Peter’s we are committed to developing our swim teachers, so they are the very best in the industry. Our lovely warm pool and happy environment is where you get to know every child and parent. This is what makes working at St Peter’s Swim School so rewarding and enjoyable.
St Peter’s Aquatic Centre has two heated pools (a 25 metre 7 lane pool and a 15 metre learn to swim pool), modern change facilities and offers a range of swim programs and services on admission and session fees. It operates 6.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Our Swim School prides it’s self on focusing on our customers needs and providing a personal experience for our clients.
We are looking for a swimming teacher who:
- loves kids;
- has great customer service skills;
- is enthusiastic and child-focused;
- uses a positive attitude to foster relationships with children and their parents/guardians;
Your duties will include:
- The delivery of our swimming program
- Setting up pool and lanes to meet swim program requirements
- Log progress of each student using our system
- Cleaning duties
- And may be required to learn point of sales
You will have a flexible and cooperative approach to working varying hours within the spread of operating hours of the Aquatic Centre. It is important that all our teachers are available for school swimming as this is a very busy time for us.
To be successful in this role you will be experienced in delivering a suite of swim programs and hold a current:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or Swim Australia Qualification;
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificate;
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate; and
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infanct and Preschool Aquatics qualification would be and advantage;
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion;
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Competitive Strokes;
You must have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education, be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Further information about the role can be found in the role description or by contacting the Principal.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing August 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): until December 2019
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $34.57 to $36.03 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
Contact Person: Jade Gray
Contact Telephone Number: 5495 2266
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description Opens in new window