To assist in supporting the effective running of the college social spaces and ensuring that learners are engaged in constructive activities whilst they have free time during the college day.
To be an active member of the Student Support Team and supporting key events such as focus weeks and learner engagement activities.
1. To work with the Learner Engagement Support Worker to deliver targeted activities within the College Social Spaces to involve learners in constructive activities in their free time
2. Work with other youth organisations and services to provide a range of activities and programmes
3. Supervise the Social Spaces ensuring equal access to all learners
4. To monitor the usage of social space facilities
5. Monitor learners’ behaviour and ensure their health and safety whilst accessing the area
6. Record any incidents occurring on the relevant college systems and work with the Security team where required
7. Promoting young people's interests and act as an advocate for young people, ensuring that young people’s views are always given consideration and are acted upon wherever possible.
8. Ensure young people are involved in planning the activity programme.
9. Support with the preparing and distributing publicity materials and displays across the college
10. To work in co-ordination with the Learner Engagement Support Worker and to provide cover as necessary in the absence of staff.
11. Ensure that work is carried out in line with safeguarding and professional boundary requirements to enable the safe delivery of services to young people
12. To represent the college in a professional manner dealing with visitors and learners and assisting at college events where required.
13. Ensure continuous development and improvement of personal professional knowledge.
14. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.