Last year we received our first Year 11 cohort results and were extremely impressed by the overall outcomes. 67% of students achieved 5A* - C (E&M) and 43% achieved the Ebacc. We were in the top 10% of schools nationally for progress overall and have recently received an Ofsted rating of ‘outstanding’.
“All adults have the highest expectations of pupils’ behaviour and learning, which results in exceptional rates of progress and excellent behaviour.” Ofsted 2017
“Teachers’ training and development are highly effective. As a result, teaching is highly consistent in quality…….” Ofsted 2017
Our mission is to ensure everyone receives the support and care needed to become successful and lead a purposeful and happy life. To achieve this goal we believe that everyone must uphold the three values of Integrity, Diligence and Civility.
The right candidate:
Applications are welcome for the position of Learner Support Professional for Wellbeing at DKA to start September 2017. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, qualified and enthusiastic support assistant to support the school with securing outstanding results for the students.
- You will be responsible for developing student wellbeing through carefully planned learning activities under an agreed system of supervision, supported by direction from the SENDCo;
- You are committed to developing the Academy as part of the wider community.
The Academy can offer:
- Fantastic students who are positive, keen to learn and progress
- A dedicated and skilled workforce, committed to making a difference
- A school with high aspirations and a strong commitment to professional development
- An enthusiastic, creative and supportive staff
The Academy has students aged 11-16 with places for 800 pupils.
Dixons Kings Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
For further details and information on how to apply please access our website: www.dixonska.com
The closing date for applications: Tuesday 20 June 2017 at 12:00 Midday
Interviews/selection will be held: Friday 23 June 2017.