L&D Training Manager
Fixed term contract, 6-9 months
Who are tes?
tes global is a fast-growing and digital education company committed to supporting teaching and learning. tes global has been supporting our educators worldwide for over 100 years.
We are home to the world’s largest online community of teachers, with over 8 million registered users, and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
What does the role look like?
This role is part of the HR team and will be pivotal in leading the ambitious development agenda for the coming year. We are looking for a fantastic training design and delivery manager with solid experience in design and delivery of soft skills, management development, and leadership development with the ability to identify a need and engage stakeholders exceptionally well to deliver the requirements. It covers the full spectrum of learning and development from reviewing employee development plans to analyzing ROI. This role is a fast paced, high profile role working closely across the business and will suit someone with a passion for learning and development. This role will work with another L&D Manager on our sister site in Sheffield as well as the rest of the HR team
What will you be doing?
- Working in partnership with the Head of Talent to drive the tes wide development agenda and the execution of development from face to face coaching and training to organising external providers
- Explore a blended approach with e-learning and engaging our remote working population
- To lead and own the upskilling of our leadership and management population with a range of management development activities
- Design and delivery of soft skills capability improvements
- Through role modelling and behaviour, drive world class engagement scores
- Create practical and engaging individual/group/whole team development plans , which will include classroom training, 1:1 coaching and e-learning
- Working with the resourcing team to use psychometrics and people data to ensure we are getting the best candidate fit.
- To be the key L&D contact for the London site
- Lead and deliver a best in class tes induction for all employees
- Design and deliver all skills training requirements for commercial roles
- Identify develop and support key knowledge experts across each operational area (guru’s) to enable an optimum knowledge hub within London operation
- Conduct regular training needs analysis across the business, particularly within the sales teams, and address the gaps using blended learning interventions
- Be a knowledge expert to ensure a seamless transition from induction to ‘high performing’ for all sales staff
What experience do you need?
- 10+ years experience within a managerial or development role
- Demonstration of exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in developing and delivering commercial training for 3-5 years
- Experience in training needs analysis and addressing gaps to drive performance
- Some exposure to the Education sector, understanding of the challenges and cultures in schools is preferred
- Enthusiastic and can do approach
- Ability to motivate individuals
- A people-person with a strong desire to help others improve
- Highly organised and process-orientated
- Highly experienced facilitator, and confident in people management in training sessions
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Proven strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Demonstrable ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation to influence behavioural changes
- Demonstrable ability to think both strategically and operationally with strong planning and scheduling skills
- Delivery focused with tenacity and ability to lead from the front
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with online learning software
What do we give you in return?
A competitive salary depending on experience, a 6 - 9 month fixed term contract, 25 days annual leave pro rata, Access to a our company pension scheme after 3 month probation, central london office location, access to a range of benefits vis perkbox, a people centric culture all driven to achieve the same goal, a supportive and consultative environment, a highly experienced HR team, to support you with development.