St Clare’s Primary School is committed to inclusive education principles and practices that support students with diverse learning needs within the context of the Australian Curriculum.
Remuneration: Current Teacher Salary plus a secondment allowance of $110.50 per fortnight.
The Learning Engagement Teacher has key partnerships with the Principal, Assistant Principal – Religious Education, Support Teacher – Inclusive Education, Primary Learning Leader, Guidance Counsellor, classroom teachers, consultants/education officers and other professionals, in fostering a school culture that enhances the educational outcomes for all students.
The Learning Engagement Teacher is committed to the effective development of educational practices based on:
- equity and excellence for all students, and entitlement to learning for all students
- the centrality of the classroom teacher as the facilitator of student learning
- a knowledge of teaching and learning principles and practices that enable students to access and successfully meet the achievement standards
- authentic consultation with teachers, students, parents and other parties about the impact of the student’s ability to access the curriculum and successfully meet the achievement standards
- an understanding of the organisational structures and processes required to engage students in learning
The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
St Clare's is a master-planned Prep to Year 6 co-educational primary school located in Yarrabilba. Yarrabilba, meaning ‘Place of Song’, is situated between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. St Clare’s, located within close proximity to Mount Tamborine, is surrounded by South-East Queensland’s natural beauty. St Clare’s opened in 2017, offering a contemporary primary education in the Franciscan tradition for the young people of the local area. St Clare’s vision is to provide contemporary learning environments with high expectations for each student to maximise learning, progress and achievement.
Visit our school website here.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing July 2019
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Semester 2, 2019
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Michael McInerney
Contact Telephone Number: 0423 052 869
Contact Email: email@example.com
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Learning Engagement Teacher Statement Opens in new window