Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Learning Improvement Adviser (Maternity Cover, part time, term time only, fixed term contract)
Working 14 hours per week Monday and Tuesday term time only for 39 weeks per year, to accommodate the opening (8.15am) and closing (3.45pm) of the Study Centre, a degree of flexibility is required.
You will work as a member of the Learning Resources Team including:
- Supporting students’ learning in a large academic Study Centre and ensuring its efficient running.
- Creating an environment that is conducive to learning.
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
- Is qualified to at least level 3 (A level or equivalent).
- Is qualified in Maths and English to at least GCSE A*-C or equivalent
- Has an IT level 2 qualification or a demonstrable record of IT literacy
- Has experience of working successfully with young people
- Has experience of working in a customer oriented environment
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine Point 20 £5,868 (This is the pro-rated equivalent of the full time annual salary £18,000) This will be further pro rated for the duration of the Maternity Cover.
Start Date: 6th January 2020
Closing date: Monday 9th December 2019 at 12.00pm midday
Interviews planned for: Thursday 19th December 2019
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).