Executive Principal: Mr K Reynolds MA
New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. New College Durham, is our lead sponsor and both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
Consett Academy is a rapidly expanding ‘Good’ school. We want exceptional teachers, who can help us in our journey to become an outstanding provider of education. The Trust is committed to lifelong learning and can provide a bespoke CPD package to support your professional development.
Consett Academy are currently looking to appoint a Learning Leader of Psychology and Sociology, with a preferred starting date of September 2020.
Learning Leader of Psychology and Sociology
Salary: MPR-UPR + TLR2b
Consett Academy are currently inviting applications from inspirational individuals who can demonstrate effective leadership skills and a track record of improving progress and attainment in Psychology and/or Sociology. This role would be suitable for an excellent practitioner looking for additional responsibilities.
As a consistently good teacher, you will maximise the potential of our students across all year groups by raising their aspirations as well as their attainment, as well as:-
• Developing and sustaining high quality teaching and learning throughout the subject area
• Ensuring that the quality of lesson plans, the use of assessment and homework set are of the highest quality
• Supporting colleagues so that appropriate standards of behaviour are established and maintained
• Assisting colleagues to ensure that all aspects of student achievement is monitored and evaluated and this information is used to inform priorities and targets for improvement
We can offer:
• A bespoke CPD package for all staff
• The chance to work in state of the art facilities
• An IPad/ICT Device for all teaching staff
• Additional staff benefits, i.e. cycle to work scheme, discounted membership rates at local leisure facilities.
To download an application pack, including job description, person specification and application form, please visit our website: www.consett-academy.org.uk/vacancies to organise a visit or an informal chat just email Human Resources at email@example.com
Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon: Monday 24th February 2020. It is anticipated that interviews will take place week commencing 2nd March 2020.
Applicants should assume they have been unsuccessful if we have not contacted them within 28 days of the post-closing.