Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Learning Manager (Engineering) to join their team in Poole. Working on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Learning Manager (Engineering) Role:
You will be responsible for supporting the Director of Learning/Head of Area in the leading and managing of curriculum delivery, staff and resources within a designated Directorship. The role will deputise for the Director/Head as required respect of their area of responsibility. This will include the direct line management of staff. The role is key to the quality of the student experience and success.
As our Learning Manager (Engineering) duties will include but not be limited to:
- Managing a group of staff
- Implementing College policies and procedures and ensuring staff are aware of and adhere to them.
- Co-ordinating cover for lessons and/or management of students during staff sickness
- Producing time-tables for the whole study programme
- Leading teaching & learning improvements and facilitate the sharing of good practice in your area.
- Leading the course induction for students
- Ensuring students engage in cross college enrichment events and fulfil the ECM and Citizenship agenda.
- Ensuring college systems are used effectively by team members
- Leading on student behaviours and the student disciplinary process
- Leading Internal and External Verification processes
- Leading and organising parents’ events, open evenings, Big Bang etc.
The ideal Learning Manager (Engineering) will need:
- Excellent understanding of the directorate/area
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Understanding of leadership & Management
- Some experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum Level 3, Graduate (or equivalent) in relevant subject area.
- Teaching Qualification
Benefits will include:
- 35 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teacher Pension Scheme
Closing date: Sunday 19 May 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Learning Manager (Engineering) role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.