The Learning Mentor will work with a team of school staff and other agencies in addressing the needs of students at risk of underachieving and who are not making expected progress. Previous experience of working with and supporting adolescents is desirable.
We are looking for a successful candidate who is:
- A graduate with a 2:1 or higher in Maths, English or Science.
- Able to work as part of a team and contribute to the outstanding ethos of the school.
- Can meet new challenges and welcome change
- Innovative and dedicated
- Experienced working with children/young adults
- Enable the school to raise achievement and ensure pupils make expected progress.
Dagenham Park is a mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 multi-cultural Voluntary Controlled Church of England school. We moved into a brand new building with excellent teaching facilities in April 2012.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community, including persons with disabilities.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including a Disclosure Check will be undertaken on all applicants.
An application pack can be obtained from Miss Terri Briggs (PA to Headteacher) email firstname.lastname@example.org or from the school website www.dagenhampark.org.uk