Passion - Urgency - Positivity - Aspiration - Commitment
The students, staff and governors of Breakwater Academy are looking for a committed Learning Mentor to support student pastoral care and intervention across the school. You will be passionate about children achieving their potential, regardless of background, and will take responsibility for identifying and supporting students at risk of underachievement, securing the best possible outcomes for them. Breakwater Academy is an innovative and dynamic place to work, and we are committed to developing our staff at all levels. If you are passionate about improving the life chances of all children and are able to inspire and motivate others to do the same, then Breakwater Academy is the right place for you!
We can offer you:
- polite, enthusiastic children, who are keen to learn;
- a school where children and adults appreciate each others rights and responsibilities;
- a dedicated leadership team, and excellent professional development opportunities;
- a talented staff team, who welcome new challenges.
You will be:
- an outstanding practitioner, with a track record of improving children’s behaviour, motivation and attitudes towards learning;
- a positive role model and team player, who can support and motivate others;
- someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, and high expectations of themselves and others;
- passionate about improving the life chances of every child.
Visits are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the Academy office on 01273 514300.
An application pack can be downloaded from the STEP website www.stepacademytrust.org
Completed applications forms should be returned to Jackie Wales, Business Manager, at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 9th December 2016
Interviews: Thursday 15th December 2016
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced CRB check.