Prior Weston Primary School and Children’s Centre.
Salary Grade: SO1, Spine Point 29-31
Actual Salary Range: £24,050 - £25,454 per annum
Contract: 35 hours per week, Term Time Only.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Learning Mentor for Prior Weston Primary School and Children’s Centre.
Have you got:
- The ability to work as part of a team?
- The desire to work in a newly built, modern environment in the heart of Central London?
- The ambition to develop professionally, with your sights set high for your future?
We are looking for a Learning Mentor who has:
- Demonstrable levels of numeracy & literacy equivalent to GCSE.
- At least three years’ experience of working with primary school aged children.
- Experience working 1:1 with pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- Able to deliver a range of exciting and creative activities.
- An understanding of the learning, play and development needs of the children and how school activities can support children’s educational attainment and achievement.
In return, we can offer:
- A newly formed Senior Leadership Team (SLT) who are eager to work in partnership with the staff, children, parents and governors to make Prior Weston truly outstanding.
- An enthusiastic staff team and strong Governing body.
- Keen parents and enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn.
- Encouragement and support with your training and development.
- A great location! Prior Weston is located opposite the mouth-watering Whitecross Street food market and is near Farringdon’s busy and diverse restaurants and bars. It’s a stone’s throw away from Paul’s Cathedral, the River Thames and many other Central London sights and attractions.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 020 7786 4800 to arrange your visit.
Please apply online at http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/. If you need any assistance, please contact Schools HR at email@example.com quoting reference PW/076.
Closing: Midnight, Sunday 17th June 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 25th June
Prior Weston is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Prior Weston Primary School and Children’s Centre
Golden Lane Campus, 101 Whitecross Street, Islington, London, EC1Y 8JA
(T) 020 7786 4800 (F) 020 7786 4801
Acting Head Teacher: Joanne Pettifor