35 hours per week (8.30am - 4.15pm)
Term Time Only (39 Weeks)
Required as soon as possible
Heathmere Primary School is an inner London school on the edge of Richmond Park. We are looking to appoint a Learning Mentor to join our Inclusion Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support and guidance to children and those engaged with them in order to reduce exclusions, increase attendance and raise attainment by working to remove barriers to learning.
Heathmere Primary School has been judged by Ofsted to be a `good school’ and also holds the Flagship Status for the Inclusion Quality Mark
We are looking for someone who:
- Has drive, determination and a commitment to raising standards
- Believes in inclusion and achievement for all children
- Will buy into our whole school values of respect, resilience and high expectations
- Is committed to wanting the very best for our children
We can offer you:
- A team of staff and governors who are passionate and committed to our school being the best it can be
- An opportunity to be a part of a team that teaches in a flexible way that is responsive to the needs of our children.
- A school that is part of a Teaching School Alliance and that is used as a model of good practice that is shared with other schools
- An opportunity to develop your role
- Children who want to learn
- positive feeling around the workplace which is frequently commented on by visitors
The school is well-served by buses from areas such as Kingston, Putney, Hammersmith, Fulham, Wandsworth and Clapham Junction. It is situated on the A3 with easy access by car from South London, West London and Surrey. There is free on-street parking and secure bike racks.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please phone to make an appointment or email the School Business Manager email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or an information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Alternatively contact the school for a pack to be posted.
Completed applications should be returned to the school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17 December 2018 (at 9am)
Interviews: 19 December 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs Application Form
Heathmere Primary School
London SW15 4LJ
Tel: 020 8788 9057
Headteacher: Miss Emma Lewis B Ed (Hons), NPQH
Email: email@example.com Age range: 3 - 11