Cheney School is a popular, high performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn. The success as a single Academy Trust has led Cheney School to expand into a Multi Academy Trust.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to play a key role in expending our Learning Mentor programme of intensive support for targeted students. Mentors are responsible for delivering 1:1 and small group interventions with students and can be called upon to support students both in and out of lessons.
This is a valuable opportunity for an individual who:
- Has experience of working with and supporting young people with a high level of need;
- Has a desire to promote high expectations and aspirations for young people;
- Enjoys helping young people to overcome barriers to learning in order to raise attainment and achievement.
Candidates must have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths grades A-C.
We can offer you
- The chance to pursue a specialism within the Learning Support field.
- 37 hours a week, permanent; term time plus 1 INSET day.
- Salary – Grade 6: £18,070 – £20,138 per annum based on term-time plus 1 day (pro rata salary payable being: £15,088.66 - £16,815.46 per annum).
If you would like to find out more, please contact Dr Richard Coombs, SENCo on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
In addition to your application form, please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Wednesday 29 November 2017 at 12 pm
Interview date: Friday 1 December 2017