37 hours a week, term time (39 weeks)
£17,681- £20,541 per annum (£15,046 - £17,480 pro-rata)
Closing date: 3 June at midnight
Interviews to take place: w/c 4 June 2018
We are seeking to appoint a committed and talented Learning Mentor to work at our unique and inspirational school where our children, parents and staff are at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated primary Learning Mentor to work in a range of roles from EYFS to Year 6, supporting the social, emotional and mental health well-being of our pupils. Your role will include one to one and small group mentoring and support to improve academic progress and learning, including delivering a range of teaching and learning interventions to targeted pupils.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children & families in overcoming barriers to learning.
- Work closely with staff and outside agencies to ensure children at Welland Academy get good provision.
- Promote self-esteem, confidence and help children to become emotionally healthy.
- Have high expectations of themselves, striving for the best in everything they do.
- Be an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious team player; open to learning and professional development.
We can offer you:
- An inclusive school with a good reputation for developing well rounded, caring children who feel safe and valued whatever their skills and abilities.
- A caring and motivated team of staff who help and support each other.
- Happy, confident children who enjoy being at school.
- A vibrant, warm, friendly working environment.
- A commitment to professional development through the Greenwood Dale Learning Alliance.
The academy is part of the Greenwood Academies Trust (GAT). All GAT academies work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the Central Team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning.
The staff, pupils and facilities at this academy make it a great place to work. Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please contact Rachel Dawkins, Office Administrator, on 01733 563180 or email email@example.com.
The role is for 37 hours a week, term time only therefore this is reflected in the pro rata salary.
For further information, please visit:
Alternatively, call our Recruitment Line on 0115 748 3344
Complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced DBS with Barred List check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.