Vision for Education are looking for a Learning Mentor to work 1:1 with Looked After Children (LAC) on a full time or part time basis in Salford.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the educational and social development of a cohort of SEN pupils under their supervision. This diverse role needs a patient, calm and empathetic person, who also has the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve.
Responsibilities associated with the role:
- To research, plan and deliver 1-2-1 mentoring/support sessions with identified students on a range of subjects that may be hindering individual learning
- To plan and deliver a wide range of extra-curricular activities which promote learning, good behaviour, better social skills and well-being
- To liaise with key contacts and Tuition staff to update them of progress of the pupil and any recommendations for further support
- To ensure your Line Manager is informed immediately of any concerns in relation to the students you mentor/support
- To provide in class support for named students during re-integration into mainstream school or alternative provision
- To attend multi-agency meetings in relation to the students that you mentor/support, such as pastoral support programmes
- To maintain accurate records on named students which measure the impact of your Intervention
- To provide regular written reports on your work as a Learning Mentor
This role requires you to be flexible and adaptable. If you are looking to work in a challenging and fast paced environment where no two days are the same, where you are positively making a difference to young people Vision for Education would like to hear from you. We are currently recruiting for roles predominantly within the Salford LEA and work patterns can be varied dependent upon pupil referrals.
It is essential that the Learning Mentor:
- Holds a full UK driving licence; business insurance on your vehicle is also required
- Has a working knowledge of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Need, with references as evidence
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated primary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Mentor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Manchester SEN team on 0161 641 3743.