LEARNING MENTORS (SEMH) - INCLUSIVE LEARNING SERVICES
Hours: 18.5 Hours, 40 weeks
The Inclusive Learning Service at Leeds College of Building is currently looking to appoint Learning Mentors to work with students who require extra help to realise their potential.
The role is varied and challenging and will include:
* Promoting positive behaviour through restorative practice and emotional coaching * Supporting the development of study and personal organisation skills
* Partnership working with vocational tutors and the Maths and English team
* Providing help with revision and portfolio building
* Promoting and developing Inclusive and person centered practice across the college
* Representing the service and helping create an innovative and thought leading provision
* Working in a range of learning environments to develop vocational and employability skills. Ideally you will have experience of working with students who experience barriers to learning in a post 16 setting.
You will have a good understanding of the principles of inclusion and be committed to providing person centered support in partnership with other educational professionals and agencies. Experience of working with young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties or who have EHCP's would be an advantage.
You should have achieved Level 2 Literacy & Numeracy or equivalent as well as Level 3 literacy OR Numeracy or equivalent.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 August 2017 at 12pm.
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the 'Prevent Duty' and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.