Vision for Education, the supply arm for TES, are looking to recruit a Learning Mentor to work in SEND Schools and Provisions in Peterborough from September 2018.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and passionate education professional to work with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across the Primary, Secondary and Post 16 Phrase. Your role will include raising children’s self-esteem, aspirations and academic performance. The ideal candidate will need to be a great team player and be able to develop excellent communication skills with those around them. You will need to be proactive, positive and flexible, and be able to assist with the learning of children and young people in the school.
This position would begin on a supply basis, with the strong potential of becoming a long-term/permanent position if you are the right person for the school.
We welcome applications from candidates who already have experience of being learning mentors, as well as those with experience of working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This post may also suit a candidate who has a view to become a Teacher, or somebody that has come from a Support Worker/Career background, specialising in working with individuals with SEND.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and access to eLearning Courses by EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for, please apply today! If you have any questions, please call the Vision for Education’s Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or contact Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk