£26,882 - £28,479 pro rata 40 weeks per year (= £24,967 - £26,510 annual gross salary)
dependent upon current salary and experience
Required from 1/9/18 to join our aspirational, vibrant and friendly school
Are you an inspiring and creative individual?
Do you want to join us in a school with a vision to be the best, where every child:
· embraces learning as a demanding lifelong journey, because all of us show them how to love challenge and growth;
· feels proud of who they are and their own uniqueness, because all of us celebrate difference; and
· leaves the gate with fond memories, a creative outlook and a sense of excitement for the road ahead, because all of us have put them at the centre of everything we do?
Lancasterian Primary is a two form entry school in the heart of Tottenham, a busy, exciting and energetic part of London. We are proud of our diverse, welcoming and enthusiastic learning community. The leadership team has a clear vision to ensure that all children and adults at the school have the opportunity to thrive and excel. The school continues to develop following our May 2017 ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement, building upon recent improvements in our EYFS and Key Stage 1 outcomes in order to raise pupil achievement across the school.
Are you the person that can help us to become the best?
We are looking for a Learning Mentor to provide a complementary service to that given by existing teachers, pastoral staff and senior leadership team, addressing the needs of children who require support to overcome barriers to learning both inside and outside the school in order to promote excellent behaviour for learning and maximise educational progress.
For successful candidates we offer:
- An opportunity to take a key role in having a real, positive impact on children’s lives
- The chance to work with children from nursery age to year 6
- Eager and motivated pupils with a thirst for learning
- Parents/carers who support the vision and values of the school
- Teaching and support staff that champion children's progress and well-being
- Support, guidance and line management from our Pastoral Care Manager
- A supportive senior leadership team who adhere to the ‘growth mindset’ philosophy and understand that school improvement and staff well-being must go hand in hand
- Fantastic professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- Excellent facilities with good pastoral support resources
- Excellent transport links
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school. Please visit our school website to download the application pack and contact Kamelia Johnson (Pastoral Care Manager) to arrange a visit or if you require further assistance, on 020 8808 8088 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lancasterian Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake a DBS check.
Closing Date: 12pm Midday Monday 11th June 2018 Interviews: Monday 18th June 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email