Are you a dedicated, enthusiastic and highly motivated Learning Mentor? If so, we would like to meet you.
London Enterprise Academy is a Free School at the heart of London’s vibrant East End. The Academy opened in September 2014 with Year 7’s only, in a former glass office block, which has been fully renovated to a high standard. The Academy will grow to six hundred students aged 11-16 when fully operational and will provide a stimulating education and personalised curriculum within a supportive environment. All of our students will be encouraged to stretch themselves to achieve their potential.
At the heart of our vision is to create a truly outstanding free school delivering the very best educational opportunities, nurture academic excellence and enhance ambition in all its pupils. We aim to inspire the next generation of professionals and entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide a service to teaching and other staff, address the needs of children and young people who need help to overcome barriers to learning both inside and outside the school, in order to achieve their full potential.
· Work with a range of students, but give priority to those who need the most help, especially those experiencing multiple disadvantages, including able and gifted pupils experiencing difficulties.
· Target, help and support as part of a coordinated response by the school and other agencies to address a range of issues and bring about a positive sustainable changes with individual pupils and the school community as a whole.
· Support identified individuals to access the social and academic curriculum in the most effective way, appropriate to their needs and understanding.
· Support with the completion and return of statistical information to both the Local Authority and the Department for Education (DfE).
Please see our information pack for more information about the job, and apply via our application pack.
Closing date for applications: 24th September 2018 (may close earlier if enough applications received).