Term time plus 2 weeks
Ben Jonson Primary is a vibrant; three form entry school, situated in the richly diverse community of the Ocean Estate. The governors, staff, pupils and parents are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and well-motivated Learning Mentor to join us.
You will have the ability to:
- Identify, and address, the needs of children who need help to overcome barriers to learning.
- Support learning, increase participation and encourage social inclusion.
- Develop interventions to support the emotional well-being and mental health of pupils inside and outside the classroom.
- Deliver tailor made 1:1, group or whole class interventions to support pupil well-being.
- To refer on to outside agencies and taking advice from professionals.
- Contribute the inclusion team and wider school community.
- Be innovative and develop new solutions; being able to think outside the box and effectively plan ahead
- Be a positive and self-motivated team player
Whatever stage you are at, if you join our team you will be well supported in your career through exceptional professional development, a knowledgeable governing body and, most importantly, wonderful children and supportive staff.
For details and an application form, please visit the school website.
Closing date: Friday the 6th January 2017 at 12 midday
Interviews: Friday 20th January 2017
Please note: Due to the large number of application forms we receive, feedback will only be given to unsuccessful shortlisted candidates.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
BEN JONSON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Harford Street, LONDON E1 4PZ
Tel: 020 7790 4110
Fax: 020 7790 7701
Headteacher: Monica Forty
Chair of Governors: Dr. Ray Hall