Learning Mentor - (Currently temporary until 31st August 2019 however a strong possibility of being extended/made permanent)
32.5 hours per week – Term Time Only
Grade 6 – Actual Starting Salary £15,621
We are seeking to recruit a confident and motivated individual to the role of Learning Mentor. Working alongside the Year Group Managers and Deputy Headteacher, the role provides support for pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning and attendance.
The successful candidate will;
- Have great numeracy and literacy skills.
- Have effective organisation and communication skills.
- Will have good communication skills with the ability to work on your own initiative, but also be able to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Be motivated, flexible and have a real passion for working with young adults at secondary school age.
- Have a good understanding of child development and learning.
- Have the ability to relate well with children and adults.
- Have experience of working with or caring for children.
- Have up to date knowledge of child protection and safeguarding.
We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an Academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to their continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Headteacher: Mr Peter Walker.
All relevant academy information, job description, and application forms can be downloaded from the school website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk. For further enquiries, please contact Kim Hinchcliffe or Louise Stirk, at email@example.com.
The closing date for fully completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 21st January 2019.