35 Hours per week (8.30 am to 4.00 pm (with ½ hour lunch)
Attendance will be required at all professional days
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a new learning mentor to work at our friendly, multi-cultural school.
If you would welcome the chance to work with children, their families and teachers in tackling possible barriers to learning, then this is the job for you.
You will be working with our staff team and parents to improve the motivation and self-esteem of identified pupils. A main focus will be placed on children who are in the Pupil Premium Group (PPG). You will be developing learning programmes and activities to help pupils experience confidence and success in their learning.
You will be required to provide individual support, work with children in small groups or perhaps support them in class. You will help pupils to attend school regularly/on time and providing support during play and lunchtimes.
We are looking for an individual who
- has experience of working in primary school
- has good interpersonal skills
- is flexible in his/her approach and thinking
- is able to work with a variety of people including school staff, other professionals e.g. social workers
- has drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- shows independence and initiative in their work, as well as loyalty to the school
- has the ability to prepare and present reports at meetings e.g. team around the child meetings (TACs)
- is always willing to share and work collaboratively in a team
For further information and to apply please download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to the school to arrive by 12 p.m.
Closing date: 9 December 2016 (at noon)
Interview date: Week commencing 12 December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Fircroft Primary School
Fircroft Road, Tooting
London SW17 7PP
Tel: 020 8672 6258
Headteacher: Mrs Anne Wilson