The Hub is the College’s purpose built multimedia Resource Centre. First opened in September 2002, it has recently been rebranded and refurbished to meet the evolving needs of its users. It has accommodation on 2 floors, divided into training rooms and Library/ICT facilities. As user numbers and services continue to increase and develop, the Learning Resources Assistant has a key role in supporting the daily running of The Hub, as well as contributing towards the long term aims and objectives as agreed by the Hub Manager and the College Senior Management Team.
• To assist all users in the use of new technologies such as digital study skills. Social bookmarking, blogs, eBooks
and various search engines are different ways in which students consume information. DLAs must support this
style of learning through one to one, ad hoc support, as well as more structured formal workshop delivery.
• To assist all users in the use of existing college software such as Microsoft Office 365, the Adobe Design Suite
• To assist in the production and administration of College ID badges/learner travel passes.
• To actively manage appropriate student behaviour.
• To support the processing, shelving, circulation and maintenance of stock.
• To assist in the registration and induction of new users.
• To assist in the process of submission of coursework to The Hub.
• To undertake general housekeeping duties, and any other duties as may reasonably be allocated by the Hub Manager.
• To undertake appropriate and reasonable tasks as the Principal may from time to time require.