Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 after joining the highly successful group of Harris academies. This 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the new East Village complex, the academy serves the community to be established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham, Waltham Forest and nearby London boroughs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Learning Resources Officer/Librarian to manage the Learning Resources Centre within the academy.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of managing a library service in an educational establishment, ideally with librarian qualifications
- The ability to communicate with students, parents and stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enthusiasm for literature and an understanding of the value of reading and current trends
- A skilled user of databases, who is able to produce user-friendly data
- A person who remains calm under pressure
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- An ethos of aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- Specialisms in Performing Arts and English with a focus on sports excellence, and with world-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport
- A dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the community
- Exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development as part of the Harris Federation; many of our teaching assistants have gone on to teacher training as part of our School Direct programme
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link or contact the academy on 0203 747 6060.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.