Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18. The academy has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect. This thriving academy also has a large sixth form with over 300 students. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is seeking a Learning Resources Manager to run our busy library from September 2017 as Maternity Cover.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified Librarian, educated to degree standard or equivalent
- An excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Experience of working with young people in an educational or training environment, ideally within a school
Why work for Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- The opportunity to play a key role in encouraging high achievement from our students in one of the most over-subscribed and popular academies in the country
- Support for all members of the academy community to achieve their absolute potential - our motto is 'All Can Achieve'
- First class development opportunities in a vibrant learning community
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jennifer Fielder, HR Officer, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Thursday 29th June 2017
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.