Are you a calm, confident, reliable person with a ‘can-do’ attitude?
Are you committed to enabling all young people to achieve their maximum potential?
If so, you might be just what we are looking for as we would like to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably experienced person to join our Learning Supervisor team. You will cover a variety of classes, subjects and year groups across the school whilst managing the behaviour of students in the classroom in accordance with school policy. You will be solely leading the class although cover work will be provided by the teacher.
What we are looking for:
• Someone with a confident understanding of working with young people and some understanding of the principle of child development and learning processes
• An individual with strong classroom management
• A person with experience of working with secondary school students
• An individual with effective communication skills both written and oral
• Someone with an understanding of school behaviour, attendance and equal opportunities
• An outgoing personality as well as being someone who enjoys working with young people
Why choose our school?
• We offer support and training based on individual needs
• Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
• Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
• Free gym membership to all employees across the Bushey St James Trust
• Employee Assistance Programme for support and guidance on health, legal and personal matters
The post is for 37 hours per week (excluding unpaid breaks), term-time + 1 week to include 5 INSET days. The salary for this post is APT&C points 13 - 17 plus London Fringe, paid pro-rata and based on experience. Full-time figures are £22,627pa - £24,491pa + £898pa and the actual pro-rata salary range is £19,266pa - £20,854pa + £764pa.
For the right person, additional leadership responsibility could be available, for which, the salary point would be reviewed accordingly.
Full details of the vacancy can be found on our website www.busheymeads.org.uk along with further information about the school. Alternatively, please contact the HR team on 020 8955 8800.
To apply for this post please send in a completed application form along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr J Turner, Executive Principal. Your completed application form and letter should be returned to the school by post or by email to: email@example.com by the deadline. Please note that CVs and late applications will not be accepted and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 20th September 2021 (10am)
Bushey St James Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of employment will be subject to a number of pe-employment checks including ID and Right to Work in the UK, satisfactory written references, occupational health check and a successful Enhanced DBS check.
Bushey Meads School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Bushey Meads School - ‘Aspire to Achieve’
Bushey Meads School is part of the highly successful Bushey St James Trust; a growing Multi Academy Trust in leafy Bushey, Hertfordshire. Transport links are good with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by, ...