Summary of role
We are seeking a Learning Support Aide who will contribute to providing a quality educational service within our college through assisting and supporting teaching staff with student management and enhancement of student learning. Applicants with training in multisensory learning (MSL) and/or previous experience with students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) will be highly regarded.
This is a part time temporary role until the end of Term 4, 2019.
Essential and desirable criteria
• Hold an Educational Support Certificate III or equivalent.
• Working with Children Check.
• Current first aid and or CPR qualifications.
• Training in MSL techniques.
• Training and previous experience in TESOL.
• Previous experience in working with ESL students.
• Have the ability to develop and support agile learning spaces.
• Have knowledge of, and the ability to learn quickly about, classroom activities and procedures; the use and maintenance of resources and school policies.
• Have previous experience in fostering and participating in a positive team environment.
Preference may be given to applicants who have previous experience working within a K-12 setting.