Marden Lodge Primary School are looking for a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant. Monday to Friday, mornings and afternoons, term time only, timings to be discussed at interview.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: FTE £17,934 - £20,653 (Please note the successful candidate will have their salary pro rata'd dependant on the hours. For 33.5 hours a week (as an example), your pro rata salary would be £14,226 - £16,383
Contract: Part Time and Temporary (subject to EHCP funding)
Marden Lodge Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced SEN Learning Support Assistant who will play a key role in individual and small group support for identified children with special educational needs, including medical needs.
The successful individual will support the class teacher in the teaching and welfare of the assigned individual, ensuring they attain the targets set for them.
Dealing with the behavioural, communication, social and emotional development of the child is integral to this role.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the children that you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with parents and outside agencies.
• Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve.
• Experienced in primary school environments.
• Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment.
We can offer:
• A friendly and approachable team of enthusiastic colleagues.
• Continuous development through our tailored CPD programme.
• A supportive ethos where your contributions will be valued.
• Job satisfaction. Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• An attractive working environment and well behaved children and supportive families.
We would love you to come and visit us to get a better flavour for life at Marden Lodge and meet our wonderful children and friendly team! Please contact the school on 01883 343014 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Wednesday 9th October
Interview date: TBC
Start date: ASAP
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdrawn this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response, therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.