St. Mary’s is a highly regarded, oversubscribed and successful academy with a caring ethos and high standards. This is a great opportunity to join our learning support department and develop a career in education. The person appointed will be responsible for supporting students in class with cognition and learning needs as well as developing students learning through small group interventions.
· We are seeking to appoint a candidate who wishes to start or build their career as a learning support assistant working in our learning support department.
· Our Diocesan Inspection Report (March 2017) graded us as “outstanding” and the Ofsted Report (March 2017) stated, “This school continues to be good… …St Mary’s lives up to its aim to be a ‘caring faith community’ and this ethos pervades the school.”
· An outstanding induction programme, friendly staff, high quality professional cover supervisors, ICT technicians and admin support and a strong collegiate ethos make St. Mary’s a great place to work.
· We have recently benefited from a £22.5 million capital build that has transformed the Academy’s learning environment.
· We would be delighted to receive an application from you to join us!
This is a permanent post for 32.50 hours per week, term time only with 30 minutes lunch each day
New NJC Scale Grade B (Points 9-13), full-time, full year salary is £14,975 to £16,191
Actual pro-rata starting salary at Point 9 is £11,008
The post is subject to DBS (formally CRB), Asylum and Immigration and Medical Clearance
For further information about this post and an application form please contact
Mrs. Anne Crocombe (Head Teacher’s P.A.) or visit the Academy’s website at
Closing date for applications is: 12 noon on Wednesday 21 June 2017.