ALTON PARK JUNIOR SCHOOL
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT x 2
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3, Point 4
Actual Salary from £11,686
Start Date: As soon as possible
Alton Park Junior School is looking to appoint two Learning Support Assistants to join our friendly, dedicated teams to work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures.
This post is 27.5 hours per week (08.45am – 15.15pm Monday to Friday, 38 weeks per year - term time only).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
• Implementing planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate.
• Establishing positive relationships with pupils supported.
• Supporting pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills.
• Supporting the use of ICT in the classroom and developing pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
• Promoting positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and helping to keep pupils on task.
• Interacting with, and supporting pupils, according to individual needs and skills.
• Supervising pupils for limited and specified periods including break-times when the postholder should facilitate games and activities.
• Assisting with escorting pupils on educational visits.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you:
• Have successful experience working with children in a school/early years environment.
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Are able to establish rapport and respectful and trusting relationships with children, their families and carers and other adults.
• Are able to understand and support children with developmental difficulty or disability.
• Have basic knowledge of First Aid and understanding of the School.
• Are passionate about supporting children's learning, social and emotional needs.
• Are resilient, a team player and have a positive nature.
• Demonstrate patience, calmness and flexibility at all times.
• Are able to enthuse and motivate pupils.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Alton Park Junior School?
We Can Offer You:
• A Competitive Salary.
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish.
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships.
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 826. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 10th December 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing 13th December 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.