Are you enthusiastic, adaptable and a good team player with a real belief in the ability of young people to overcome barriers?
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join the Total Communication Resources department at Kingsbury High School, whose work is to promote full and independent access to the curriculum for students who have a hearing loss and need the use of sign language. You will provide in-class support to subject teachers in a variety of settings including one to one support.
A Stage II BSL certificate is required training for this role.
What experience do I need?
· You will have experience of working with children or young people with a variety of learning and medical needs.
· You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in using computers.
· You must have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills and be flexible in your approach.
· You must have the ability to relate to young people.
· A suitable qualification and/or experience is desirable.
The appointee will be required to complete a six-month period of probation.
To apply: Please email email@example.com for an application pack
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and the appointment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, medical and an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
Kingsbury High is a converter Academy committed to national terms and conditions for teaching staff, local NJC terms for support staff and, as an Equal Opportunities employer, welcomes applications from all sections of the community.