Brighton Aldridge Community Academy is an 11-18 school with the specialisms of entrepreneurship and sport. Our mission is to ensure all BACA students benefit from an excellent education, secure great qualifications and develop into young adults who are the first choice recruits for universities and employers.
The academy’s motto is simple - “Believe you can”. Whether in the classroom, on the sports field or performing on stage, we inspire each of our students to develop the knowledge and skills they need to follow their passions into a successful future.
We are looking to appoint a part-time Learning Support Assistant. We are looking for an LSA that shares our commitment to educational excellence to start in September 2021. The role is to offer support to Special Educational Needs students who have an EHCP (Education and Health Care Plan) to enable them to develop their skills, confidence, engagement, social skills and help guide them towards success within the classroom.
Educational Health Care Plan Students have a range of disabilities and needs relating to cognition and learning, social, emotional and mental health, communication and interaction and/or sensory and physical. The role will be supporting these students on a 1:1 or small group basis in the classroom and around the building at break times as necessary.
- Support the SENCO to secure high quality learning and raise standards.
- Be consistent in the delivery of all the academy’s policies and practice.
- Model the entrepreneurial traits of having a determination to succeed and a positive attitude to your work.
- Support the SENCo to secure a high-quality learning experience in tutor time
Qualities we are looking for in our Learning Support Assistants:
- An interest in, and love of, working with children
- Positivity, passion, and initiative, in delivering and supporting stimulating learning opportunities for the students
- That little bit extra in terms of making a difference for the students and contributing as a colleague
- The ability to enable all students, as individuals, to thrive with your support
- Good communication and IT skills
- A team player
We are looking for keen caring individuals to join our growing team. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Aldridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For further details about this position please find our recruitment pack attached.
To apply please complete an application form and send with a supporting letter to Hannah Irving at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17 September 2021
Brighton Aldridge Community Academy
Brighton and Hove