Learning Support Assistant
Chase Grammar School is seeking to appoint a supportive and experienced Learning Support Assistant who is focused on inspiring and engaging our students fully. We have small class sizes, highly motivated students and a warm family atmosphere.
The Learning Support Assistant (LSA) will:
· work with students 1:1, in small groups and within the classroom
· assist in class activities and with independent work to GCSE level (under the instruction of the class teacher)
· support learning and help to raise attainment by helping to engage students in tasks and maintain their focus
· encourage independent learning and positive/active participation in lessons
· build students’ confidence, by directing their learning activities rather than doing them for them
· monitor behaviour and progress of students, completing departmental intervention/progress records
· provide students with daily feedback - academic performance and behavioral
· have a firm but patient, empathetic approach
· be child friendly in their language, approach and relationship building
· have experience and knowledge of special needs
· have experience and confidence to support students in Mathematics to GCSE level
· be prepared to support in examinations as a reader and/or scribe
· assist with planning and preparing materials for lessons to help with differentiation and support
Chase Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and must attend and comply with all Safeguarding Training and the School’s Safeguarding Policy.
To apply, candidates must complete the school’s Application form and Pre-Employment Medical form and send it, together with a letter of application addressed to Dr P Silverwood, the School Principal to Lmm@chasegrammar.com to arrive no later than 09:00, Monday, 4 June 2018.