Learning Support Assistant
Required for September 2019
Salary Scale: Girl’s Learning Trust Grade Range 3 (£20,667 – £22,425) per annum pro rata subject to pending pay award April 2019 Actual Salary range: (£15,805 – £17,309)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week Term Time + 1 week
Type of Contract: Permanent
Carshalton High School for Girls is a high achieving school judged by Ofsted in November 2017 as Good in all categories and Good overall.
Governors are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our Learning Support Department.
Applicants must have some knowledge, and preferably experience, of this or a similar role. Applicants will need to integrate within our friendly team as well as needing excellent communication skills to develop a good relationship with students and staff.
The aim is to support students so that they may achieve their academic potential. Emphasis is placed on the appropriate personalised strategies and interventions for each student, which will enable them to successfully manage their social and emotional development, an understanding of Safeguarding and willingness to undertake training.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of working with or caring for children aged between 11 to 18
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good numeracy/literacy skills
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team
• An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
• A highly professional manner
What we can offer you:
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive environment.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• A school that has wellbeing as a high priority.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form, and send it to the Headteacher’s PA Mrs Sam Willard.
In line with our recruitment policy and for the protection of our students, the successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for Applications: Noon on 23rd April 2019
Interviews: Date TBC