Learning Support Assistant (Casual)
Salary: £8.86 per hour
Closing Date: Thursday 16th January 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 30th January 2020
Nelson and Colne College has a long standing and excellent reputation as an outstanding Further Education College. In November 2018, Nelson and Colne College, incorporating Lancashire Adult Learning, completed a successful merger with Accrington and Rossendale College to become the Nelson & Colne College Group and create a combined force for greater opportunities.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Learning Support team as a LSA on a casual basis.
To provide high quality additional support in the classroom on a 1:1, or small group basis, implementing agreed inclusion strategies and liaising regularly with curriculum colleagues to ensure a consistent approach to support
This role will involve providing support at our three main sites (Nelson & Colne Campus in Barrowford, Accrington & Rossendale Campus in Accrington & Lancashire Adult Learning in Brierfield) as well as various external sites across Lancashire. Therefore travel across Lancashire is an essential requirement of this role and only those with their own transport, willing to travel should apply.
Main duties include:
• To provide high quality in class support for individual learners or small groups as agreed by the Learning Support Team Leader or Manager.
• Speak to the tutor at the start of the session to agree what the planned outcomes are, and feedback at the end of the session to discuss if the outcomes were met.
• Maintain an up to date, authentic record of support delivered, and the impact of the support for the learner, and maintain any required communication documentation, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Level 3 Certificate in Learning Support (generalist or specialist) or equivalent such as Level 3 Preparing to Support Learning (7321) or equivalent Non-Teaching Assistant (NTA) qualifications
• English and Maths qualifications at a minimum of level 2
• Experience of working with young people and adults with a wide range of additional needs, including but not limited to, autism, dyslexia, mobility and sensory impairment, mental ill health and learning disability.
• Full driving licence and vehicle and insurance for business use.
This post could suit an experienced learning support assistant looking for their next challenge or anyone with experience working in an education setting, whether in a teaching or support role.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please complete the application form by clicking on the "apply for job" button.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.