Options Higford is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. Set in 28 acres of rolling Shropshire countryside, we provide a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. We are within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Learning Support Assistant, your role will involve providing education to children and young people with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties, the role of Learning Support Assistant focuses on developing independent life skills through individually designed programmes.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday) term time only. The salary scale listed above is based on 40 hours per week.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Supporting the class teacher/tutor in order to ensure the delivery of a high quality education for all students
- Providing relevant support and appropriate support to students, on an individual or group basis, in order to enable them to access the curriculum as independently as possible.
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher to adequately plan to ensure the safety of students, in line with risk assessments, while both on and off site.
- Working with and manage challenging behaviour
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working with autistic spectrum disorders and/or challenging behaviour’s.
- Experience of work within an education/residential setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
Please apply online now or call 01952 630 600 for further information.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.