Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18. The academy has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect. This thriving academy also has a large sixth form with over 300 students. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
We are seeking an enthusiastic learning support assistant to join our innovative team.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of supporting learning, ideally in a similar role in a school, including basic knowledge of SEND, learning barriers and working with young people with challenging behaviour
- Excellent communication skills, whether with staff, parents, students or the wider community
- Someone able to establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs
- An encouraging person, helping students to interact with others, engage in activities led by the teacher and act independently
- Someone with a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
Required hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, 8.00am – 4.00pm, with 30 minutes for lunch. This position is term time only.
Why work for Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- The opportunity to play a key role in encouraging high achievement from our students in one of the most over-subscribed and popular academies in the country
- Support for all members of the academy community to achieve their absolute potential - our motto is 'All Can Achieve'
- First class development opportunities in a vibrant learning community
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jennifer Fielder, HR Officer, via email email@example.com
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack on our website.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
We have taken an innovative approach to our recruitment, by using the power of video. As part of our recruitment process, we may ask you to complete a quick video assessment, giving you a unique opportunity to articulate your application, showcase your personality and tell us why you are interested in this next challenge. We use this alongside your online application form when shortlisting for interview.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.